From Desynced Wiki

Time is commonly referred to in game by the unit: seconds. The game operates in a tick based sequence, where an action is queued up to be executed in the next tick. Each tick should equate to 0.2 seconds in real time, which implies that there are 5 ticks per second. The tool-tip on the Miner specifies that it requires 15 units of energy, however, this is a visual conversion for the user interface and the game calculates energy consumption every tick which is a rate of -3.

Day Length is a game option set during map creation.

  1. A short day is 500 seconds
  2. A medium day is 1000 seconds
  3. A long day is 1500 seconds

It is sunny for 80% of the day and dark for the remaining 20%